So if you can hide the fact that you and the Democrats are only trying to keep funding for National Health Care and keep the fact that you need trillions to fund it from the people, then you deserve to have a second term. This as you know it costs the people instead of saving all that money you promised.
Also you can not enter the doors of the Coliseum at the Democratic National Convention without this one success you have had in your entire Presidency if it has been defunded.
The fact is we need to do the smart thing and cut spending and not try to steal money from American Citizens until things are better.
But if you are able to make the people still believe that the fact you and your group which created the problem and then sit on your hands and made it look like it was the fault of the Republicans as the bad guys then we can see why you deserve a second term.
Let’s just take everything from all those making over 250 thousand and from all the companies and the like and pay off the debt.
Oh wait, that only keeps the government going for a year? Really, now way, you are lying! No Really. Watch this one. Then you have nothing for the next year except for those making less.
What finally happened that everyone in Washington including Obama has become interested in our spending woes?
They actually worked over the weekend and I think they only got in nine holes this weekend.
Anyway it seems they are trying to make each other look bad and both have some ideas but still it all comes down to politics and they don’t care as we people will pay anyway.
So get busy folks it is coming down on us and fast.
Yes we heard it, the head of the Democrats said it herself that Obama had turned the economy and strangely she thinks it is going well.
So it should be good to see what else she thinks is happening in the world. What color is the sky for instance, does she breathe air things like that.
In the mean time we average people have to live in this world.
Instead let just these few expenditures show you how you stimulus money is being spent.
- $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
- $30 million for a spring training baseball complex for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies.
- $11 million for Microsoft to build a bridge connecting its two headquarter campuses in Redmond, Wash., which are separated by a highway.
- $430,000 to repair a bridge in Iowa County, Wis., that carries 10 or fewer cars per day.
- $800,000 for the John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pa., serving about 20 passengers per day, to build a backup runway.
- $219,000 for Syracuse University to study the sex lives of freshmen women.
- $2.3 million for the U.S. Forest Service to rear large numbers of arthropods, including the Asian longhorned beetle, the nun moth and the woolly adelgid.
- $3.4 million for a 13-foot tunnel for turtles and other wildlife attempting to cross U.S. 27 in Lake Jackson, Fla.
- $1.15 million to install a guardrail for a persistently dry lake bed in Guymon, Okla.
- $9.38 million to renovate a century-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for three decades.
- $2.5 million in stimulus checks sent to the deceased.
- $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minn.
- $173,834 to weatherize eight pickup trucks in Madison County, Ill.
- $20,000 for a fish sperm freezer at the Gavins Point National Fish Hatchery in South Dakota.
- $380,000 to spay and neuter pets in Wichita, Kan.
- $300 apiece for thousands of signs at road construction sites across the country announcing that the projects are funded by stimulus money.
- $1.5 million for a fence to block would-be jumpers from leaping off the All-American Bridge in Akron, Ohio.
- $1 million to study the health effects of environmentally friendly public housing on 300 people in Chicago.
- $356,000 for Indiana University to study childhood comprehension of foreign accents compared with native speech.
- $983,952 for street beautification in Ann Arbor, Mich., including decorative lighting, trees, benches and bike paths.
- $148,438 for Washington State University to analyze the use of marijuana in conjunction with medications like morphine.
- $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri
- $3.1 million to transform a canal barge into a floating museum that will travel the Erie Canal in New York state.
- $1.3 million on government arts jobs in Maine, including $30,000 for basket makers, $20,000 for storytelling and $12,500 for a music festival.
- $71,000 for a hybrid car to be used by student drivers in Colchester, Vt., as well as a plug-in hybrid for town workers decked out with a sign touting the vehicle’s energy efficiency.
- $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
450 Thousand Dollars to help this site stay online……. Just kidding but if they send us a million or two we will stop our efforts and start talking about how great they spend money and our country is not out of business.
Only if you depend on money to live.
Our reckless spending has brought us to the edge and no elected officials seem to be taking up the warning that we are close to going over financially.
Stop the madness and contact your elected officials and tell them you will no longer fund this mess.
That is the nice thing about not having any money. You can go back and see just how they spent, stole or just whizzed it away.
When only music says it best
Supreme Court makes decision on identity theft
Comments 9 | 0
Immigrants who use false documents cannot be prosecuted for identity theft unless they know those documents belong to a real person, the Supreme Court ruled last week.
Local immigration attorneys called the ruling a “huge victory,” saying government attorneys have frequently used the threat of an identity theft charge to intimidate undocumented immigrants into pleading guilty for lesser offenses. Identity theft carries a minimum sentence of two years.
“For the average undocumented immigrant who goes to the flea market and buys a social security card, how are they supposed to know if it belonged to a real person or not?” said Jodie Goodwin, a Harlingen-based lawyer who has been practicing immigration law for 14 years. “It’s a huge victory in the sense that the statute will be used as it was originally intended – to combat identity theft.”
The unanimous ruling by the Supreme Court was a win for Ignacio Carlos Flores-Figueroa, an undocumented immigrant turned in by his employer when he chose to change Social Security numbers and begin using his real name.
In Flores-Figueroa’s case, the court could not prove that he had knowingly used the identity of a real person, so he could not be tried for identity theft.
The Brownsville-Harlingen area has one of the highest rates of identity theft, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Goodwin speculated that some of this could be attributed to immigrants who use false documents, rather than cases of credit card theft.
“There are probably more people in this area who are getting phone calls because their Social Security number was used by someone who was working at a chicken plant in Arkansas,” she said. “Everyone in the Valley has known someone who has to deal with the Social Security Administration at some point, because they’re informed they’re making money at some pig slaughter camp in Idaho.”
The ruling will make it easier for undocumented immigrants accused of misdemeanors to argue that they’re innocent of those crimes, instead of simply accepting a misdemeanor sentence in exchange for a guilty plea, said Linton Joaquin, general counsel for the National Immigration Law Center in Los Angeles.
“What Congress intended was to punish identity theft and it has been way over interpreted,” Joaquin said. “This has been used as a bargaining tool, but inappropriately so.”
Welcome to the Out Of Business World all you hard working Americans who use to work at Chrysler Dealers all over the country
It seems it costs too much to provide you sales material, so thanks for the many years of service and profit.
We need you to post your comments on our discussion board.
Keep up the hard work and one day you may be dropped by a foreign car manufacturer.
Oh wait they are not about to close any dealers as they know they are Profit and Loss Centers who work directly for them.